We would love to hear from enthusiastic people looking to join our hardworking team across Wales. Look out for our current vacancies on this page.
Alternatively, please get involved by checking out our diverse range of volunteering opportunities.
Working for us
Wales Air Ambulance is the all-Wales charity that provides vital air
cover for time critical illness or injury. We’re on standby every single
day of the year, ready to help anyone in Wales during their most
difficult hour of need.
We also operate the Children's Wales Air Ambulance,
providing specialist treatment and airlifting some of Wales’ youngest
The charity relies entirely on donations to raise £6.5 million every
year, to keep our helicopters flying. Fundraising and generating
awareness within Wales’ diverse communities is a vital part of reaching
that goal. We also run 16 shops and a cafe, which provide essential
income to keep the charity’s helicopters in the air and saving lives.
Download our application form
Media Officer (South Wales)
Media Officer (Llanelli Gate) • 37.5 hours per week • circa
£18,000 per annum based on experience
Are you committed and passionate about telling great stories, no matter the medium?
Wales Air Ambulance is looking for a Media Officer to join our busy PR team. Competent using a wide range of digital and traditional platforms, you will help to drive the charity’s key messages, raising our profile with the press and public.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Drafting and distributing press releases, case studies and features, often to tight deadlines.
• Identifying key media contacts, building relationships with journalists and maintaining contacts in a press database.
• Fielding and handling press enquiries, often on tight deadlines.
• Consistently populating our website with rich and engaging content, ensuring it is always up-to-date, including press releases and events.
• Engaging with our audiences on multiple social media platforms on a daily basis.
• Working with all members of staff to identify media opportunities.
• Contributing to fundraising and PR campaigns and projects.
• Coordinating photographers when required for events and photo shoots, and also taking own photos and video clips.
You will have the following qualities:
• Excellent copywriting skills.
• Highly motivated and organised, with the ability to adapt to varying workloads and tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills, working with a broad section of internal and external contacts.
• Highly competent on social media and CMS, with the ability to engage with our supporters in innovative ways.
• Strong understanding of the media sector and how to build relationships with a diverse range of media.
• Able to thrive and keep control in a crisis situation.
• Good IT skills, comfortable with Microsoft Office, digital platforms, CMS.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant subject, or equivalent qualification.
• Access to own car with current driving licence.
Closing date: Tue 12 September 17
Download the full description
For vacancy enquiries and applications, please contact:
0300 0152 999 (option 1)
Wales Air Ambulance
Tŷ Elusen, Ffordd Angel,
Dafen, Llanelli. SA14 8LQ
We welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.